All personnel are required to exhibit the highest standards of honesty and integrity. All employee’s actions can have a direct impact on the Company’s brand, reputation and its people and environment.
Accordingly, all personnel must familiarize themselves with the Company’s policy of ethics and dedicate themselves to offering their colleagues, clients and business partners a service based on honesty, impartiality, fairness, and equity, dedicated to the protection of health, safety, and the environment.
The Company’s code of ethics is built around the company’s values: respect for the individual, uncompromising integrity and honesty and reliability.
Respect for the individual
The Company respectfully requests that all personnel are treated with understanding and respect, and that all personnel aim to assist and maximize each other’s potential wherever possible.
- We respect the capacity and desire for personal growth.
- We deal with each other in an open and honest way.
- We encourage constructive criticism.
- We believe a collegial environment enables continuous learning.
- We lead by example.
- We encourage pluralism, guard the principles of non-discrimination, and take particularly care not to discriminate on sex, race, age, religion, ethnicity or nationality.
- We accept the responsibility as a company, and as individuals, to prevent situations that jeopardize the health of personnel and/or their families.
To maintain a profile of uncompromising integrity and strict ethical conduct, the Company requires that personnel maintain their own personal integrity in work situations. The Company’s profile is built by the actions of every employee. To assess ethical integrity, all personnel shall consider the following questions:
- Have I lied or caused anyone to have a false impression of my motives or objectives?
- How would I feel if the full details of what I did appeared on the front page of the newspaper?
- Can I justify my actions to each of the parties involved?
- How would I feel if I were any of the other parties?
- Have I discussed the situation with my manager and/or other colleagues?
If ever in doubt about ethical actions or decisions, Personnel should seek guidance from Management.
Honesty and Reliability
The Company’s reputation is built on honesty and reliability. As a representative of the Company, it is integral that every employee takes on these values as their own and performs their everyday work in an honest and open manner. Be sure to promise only what Personnel can deliver and always deliver what Personnel promise.
- We distinguish between right and wrong and do the right thing.
- We observe absolute confidentiality when required.
- We present our capabilities honestly.
- We do not misrepresent our purposes.
- We make only promises that we can keep.
- We measure our success by our clients’ success.
- We take time to consider the consequences of our actions.
All personnel are required to abide by the Company’s ethics policy. Responsibilities under this policy include:
- abiding by applicable laws, regulations and policies.
- actively promoting honesty and integrity.
- ensuring confidentiality.
- maintaining impartiality in all business dealings.
- applying facts and written contracts/agreements as a basis for dispute resolution.
- avoiding business situations that may conflict with Omega’s best interests.declining gifts, contributions, services or other benefits unless insignificant invalue (where non-acceptance may cause offence the employee must report the acceptance to, and seek advice from his/her manager immediately).
- refraining from business matters that may inhibit the employee’s impartiality.reporting actual or potential conflicts of interest to management as soon as possible.avoiding other paid employment or work of significance without permission from Omega.
- not engaging in corrupt activity or permitting bribery.
- immediately reporting corruption or bribery, or attempted bribery to management.
- refraining from facilitation payments.
- not engaging a party in the position of a partner agent of the Company.
Consequences of Infringement
Breaches of the Company’s policies or applicable law may result in disciplinary action or reports to the appropriate authorities.